Monday, February 4, 2008

Wet Pet, Dry Pet, Your Pet, My Pet


Seuss, Dr. Wet Pet, Dry Pet, Your Pet, My Pet, Illus. Dr. Seuss. New York, NY:Random House, Inc., 2005.

I also did not know about this Dr. Seuss book, but I thought it was too cute so I chose it for my board book. It's a great book for younger kids because it is full of "pettable pets!" It was also inspired from One Fish, Two Fish, Red FIsh, Blue Fish (if you couldn't tell by the title!) My favorite pet is the on that says "all girls who like to brush and comb should have a pet like this at home", because it is this tiny little pet with HUGE blue hair! it's so fun! I also read this book to Terra, the little girl that I babysit and she really liked the page with the Gak, because you could play ring toss with his antlers and move the rings around on the page. Overall this book is just a really cute idea.

1 comment:

René Saldaña, Jr. said...

Jessica: I agree with Michael in a previous comment concering the look of your blog: wow! I love all the visuals, and that you put the Children's Lit Blog friends list up there too is cool.

And, really, who knew Seuss had written so much beyond the Green Eggs and Ham type books! He's so prolific. Another I love is the Foot Book title. Thanks for finding this other one.