Thursday, February 14, 2008

Children's Literature, Briefly

Chapter 11..... Contemporary Realistic Fiction

I really like the quote at the beginning of this chapter: "There are three rules for writing a good novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are." I think this makes a good point that there is no exact recipe to a good story.
One of the best characteristics of this category of books is that it is the most relatable to readers. Have you ever felt like the person you are reading about could be your best friend? A lot of the books that this chapter mentions are books that have relatable and fun characters that people enjoy to read about. This was a fun chapter because I got to reminisce books that I read when I was in middle school, such as ones by Lois Lowry, Judy Blume, and Louis Sachar.

No comments: