Monday, February 4, 2008

My Many Colored Days


Seuss, Dr. My Many Colored Days. Illus. Steve Johnson and Lou Fancher. New York, NY: Random House, Inc., 1996.


I really liked this book... and who knew Dr. Seuss had even written a book like this!?!?! It is a simple story for little kids with a rhyming scheme that goes over...My many colored days! Basically the book talks about how you can feel different ways throughout the week... and then sometimes you feel all mixed up and you just aren't sure how you feel. I think this is a great way to get kids to realize the different emotions we have, as well as realizing that everybody feels different at times. I think my favorite example is the yellow day, when you're a busy, buzzy be! FIrst of all, I like this page because that is how I always feel! But I also love the colors and the illustrations for this page. Especially since the bees are saying Wheeeeeeee!

No comments: